2005-2018 Tacoma Hammer Shackle Hangers Mid Travel SOA+SUA TRD Pro
TacomaWorld.com forum members eligible for $20 discount, please message member ARCHIVE on TW for code before you buy
Orders for this batch automatically entered for chance to win hangers ($380) portion refunded, options not included, 1 in 30
Sept 19 2018 Sold out, Next batch of 30 in progress, current hanger lead time is about 3 weeks, Shackle lead time 4 weeks
$20 Priority 2-3 day
shipping in States, HI, AK, Guam (1 week). Canadian customers please contact
before buying about shipping.
Your purchase supports a growing design and fab. company which helps us bring you new quality U.S. made products.
Archive Hammer Hanger discussion on TacomaWorld ---> Thread
-Noticeably improved ride quality, increased travel capacity (up to 14"), and designed to glide over rocks and take abuse. These should be the first mod on a brand new Tacoma, because flimsy stock hangers are the Achilles heel of the Tacoma and cause of that signature Tacoma chatter, address the root cause! You could spend thousands on rear shocks and springs and still have that annoying chatter, start here first!
- Compatible with Spring Over Axle (SOA) trucks from completely stock to fully built, improved geometry to help shackles drop out (with aftermarket springs). No other mods are required to run these hangers
- Compatible with Spring Under Axle (SUA) conversions (see here: HD Deaver U539/540) but requires the 4.5” shackle option (for extra droop and so you don't have to stretch the spring back).
-Height with stock 3.4" (or 3.6") shackles will be max ½” lift. Height with 4.5" shackles would be about equal to stock hanger/shackle.
Hanger kit includes:
(1) Right hand & (1) Left hand hanger, laser cut and CNC bent 1/4" A572 50,000psi plate structure, fully MIG welded. (Powder coated with zinc base prime and semi-gloss black top coat)
(4) M14 Class 10.9 (Grade 8 equiv) shackle bolts and flanged lock nuts (fit in OME Dakar bushing sleeves)
(8) 1/2” Grade 8 flanged frame bolts and flanged lock nuts
Designed with factory rivet bolt pattern, but requires drilling out factory rivets thru to ½” (See DBK-001) only $20
Written instructions provided. Longer brake lines ~24"-26" (20” stock) are required if you have longer shocks.
Trimming of exhaust tailpipe is likely required
-Stock (3.4") shackles/OEM rubber bushings are good for SOA and should accommodate 10-12" travel. (1G Tundra 3.9" shackles also fit)
-Select high quality poly bushings/sleeves for the stock shackle for 11"-14" travel (must remove the stock metal/rubber bushings)
-3.6" shackles fabbed from 3/16" A588 50,000psi steel, 1/4" wall DOM tube, quality poly bushings & grease fitting.
-4.5" shackles fabbed from 3/16" A588 50,000psi steel, 1/4" wall DOM tube, quality poly bushings & grease fitting.
(4.5" shackles will work with any spring, but may not drop out fully with longer SOA packs. 4.5" shackles required for SUA)
Cross Tube Option (*Requires the spare tire be relocated*):
-The cross tube option is 1.75" OD x .120 wall steel w/ 1/4" flanges, powdercoated, and includes hardware and 50 state/Guam priority shipping. The cross tube DOES add an additional improvement in ride quality (~10-20% of hanger improvement), because it connects the 2 hangers and frame rails together which adds torsional rigidity. This also protects the frame from stress applied to one hanger like rock hits.
If you have any questions, please contact Eric or email