2005-2019 Tacoma Hammer Hangers Shackle hangers SOA+SUA TRD Pro
TacomaWorld.com forum members eligible for $20 discount, please message ARCHIVE on TW for coupon code before you buy
Every HH order automatically entered for chance (1 in 40) to win hangers portion refunded, options not included.
Estimated lead: Hangers in progress, ~6 week. Shackles + Cross tube lead: 6 weeks. Add 1 week on HH+shackles+ Cross tube
Free Priority 2-3 day
shipping in 50 States, HI, AK, PR, Guam (1 week). Sorry Canadian customers, these DO NOT ship to Canada
Your purchase supports a growing design and fab. company which helps us bring you new quality U.S. made products.
Archive Hammer Hanger discussion on TacomaWorld ---> Thread
-Noticeably improved ride quality, increased travel capacity (up to 14"), and huge increase in durability for abuse. Flimsy stock hangers are the Achilles heel of the Tacoma and cause of the annoying Tacoma rear jitters. Address the root cause! You could spend thousands on rear shocks and springs and still have that annoying jitter, start here first!
- Compatible with Spring Over Axle (SOA) trucks from completely stock to fully built, improved geometry to help shackles drop out (with aftermarket springs). No other mods are required to run these hangers.
- Compatible with Spring Under Axle (SUA) conversions (see here: HD Deaver U539/540) but the 4.5” shackle option is recommended (for extra droop and so you don't have to stretch the spring back).
-Max lift height reusing stock 3.4" shackles will be .5" lift with Dakar HD springs (short). Most other longer springs will be 0-.25" lift, basically nothing. (HH revised 9/2018 for minimal lift). 4.5" shackles would lower the truck about 1/4"-1/2" vs stock hanger/shackle.
Hanger kit includes:
(1) Right hand & (1) Left hand hanger, laser cut and CNC bent 1/4" A572 50,000psi plate structure, fully MIG welded. (Powder coated with zinc base prime and semi-gloss black top coat)
(4) M14 Class 10.9 (Grade 8 equiv) shackle bolts and lock nuts (fit in OME Dakar bushing sleeves)
(8) 1/2” Grade 8 flanged frame bolts and flanged lock nuts
Designed with factory rivet bolt pattern, but requires drilling out factory rivets thru to ½”
Written instructions provided. Longer brake lines ~24"-26" (20” stock) are required if you have longer shocks.
Trimming of exhaust tailpipe may be required (generally with shock relocation and SUA springs)
-Stock shackles (3.4") and OEM rubber bushings are totally fine for SOA (Fab'd shackles extend your lead time)
-Select high quality poly bushings/sleeves for the stock shackle for 12"-14" travel (must remove the stock metal/rubber bushings)
-3.6" shackles fab'd from 3/16" steel, 1/4" wall DOM tube, quality poly bushings & grease fitting.
-4.5" shackles fab'd from 3/16" steel, 1/4" wall DOM tube, quality poly bushings & grease fitting.
(4.5" shackles will work with any spring, but may not drop out fully with SOA packs. 4.5" shackles recommended for SUA)
Cross Tube Options (*Requires the spare tire be relocated*):
-The cross tube option is 1.75" OD x .120 wall steel w/ 1/4" flanges, powdercoated, and includes hardware and 50 state/Guam priority shipping. The cross tube DOES add an additional improvement in ride quality (~10-20% of hanger improvement), because it connects the 2 hangers and frame rails together which adds torsional rigidity. This also protects the frame from stress applied to it when one hanger drags.
-If you want to build your own cross tube, I offer the (2) bolting flanges and (4) bolts. No warranty with this option
If you have any questions, please contact Eric or email